Thursday, July 13, 2006

Randomisity

Rediscovered CD of the week: Sting, All This Time. This disc is a live performance recorded in Tuscany on September 11, 2001. If I remember correctly, with the time difference, news of the New York/Washington attacks came just a few hours before showtime. Much debate over whether or not to actually proceed, but they did, and the performance is intimate, subdued, and quite lovely. With all the horror of that day I can imagine being at that performance was a little oasis of calm and normality. Bonus points because it features a beautiful rendition of "Fields of Gold", which I would put high on a list of best songs of all time.

Completely uninteresting fact: I have not seen a movie more than once this summer season. Very unusual for me, since if I enjoy a movie enough I'll see it as many as three or four times in the theater (ummm, LOTR). Don't have a definitive explanation for this one. I've enjoyed many that have come out, and look forward to others (Lady in the Water, RickyBobby). I'm guessing Superman Returns gets the best chance of a repeat because I still want to see it on IMAX 3-D.

Perirectal Abscess: It is as disgusting as it sounds. You just wish your job was as glamorous as mine.

Another workplace jewel: Speaking of my glamorous job, I got punched in the face by a patient for the first time last week. He was still very sleepy, and as we were moving him from the table to the stretcher his arms involuntarily jerked and my nose just happened to be in the way of his left fist. It didn't hurt too bad, but for a half-second my gut reaction was to punch him back. No turning the other cheek for me, especially if the other guy is only semi-conscious.

Song of the week: "Beautiful Son" by a group called Without Gravity. Heard it off the satellite. The album is called Tenderfoot. They are an Americana band from Iceland. Go figure.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I didn't know you got punched in the face. :(

9:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Thompson said...

I vote we take a big group to see RickyBobby. That looks like the kind of movie best enjoyed with many others.

10:08 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

lemme know when you go see superman at IMAX again; i want to see that one.

i wanna see rickybobby, too! that looks hilarious!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read fl lottery http://www.public-auction-ford-fairmont.info/overthecountertreatmentsforrosacea.html Effective email advertising beverges bulk email Executive training kent Lrd6100sws uniden laser radar detector Sears kenmore refrigerator part miele dishwashers for sale canada Lizzie grubman paris hilton oz tv show Montgomery ward dishwasher replacement part parts of a dishwasher Superior awnings

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Fioricet link online.pill pharmacy.us Owning your own business and doing taxes zoloft surveillance camera security camera toyota parts Ultra running

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home