Thursday, May 04, 2006

Randomosity

Congrats to Vick, who posted and therefore had her blog moved off of my critical care list. Dan, LB, and Rachel: Learn by example. However, I think that these three have moved on to the Next Big Thing, which is myspace.com . This seems to be the online equivalent of a perpetual yearbook signing. It is fun to hop around and see how many people you know, but not enough fun to put forth the effort and create a page myself.

I ran the Country Music .5 Marathon last Saturday, with an unofficial time of 2:18 minutes and a chip time of 2:20:08. I am fairly happy with that. I was doing ok until mile 10.5 or so when the decision had to be made to either slow up and walk a bit or vomit and die. I chose wisely, but it broke me off of my 10 minute mile pace. (The winner, by the way, did it in an hour and four minutes, less than a 5 minute a mile pace. I hate him.) At the end of the race I never wanted to use my legs again. Now there is an outside chance I might try for the full one next year.

This Wednesday is a new episode of Lost. It will be the first new episode I will be able to watch since I've caught up on the series. Kate and I watched the first season on DVD, and then joined a group of Others to watch the second season off of various Tivos and iTunes downloads. Now that I am current I have let my full geekiness come forth and have started exploring the internet for various Lost sites and chatrooms. Check out lostpedia.com , or dharmasecrets.com . Again, I apologize for the geekiness.
Best moment: Shannon gets killed. Sorry, but she was basically a walking migraine.
Sweetest moment: The reunion of Bernard and Rose.
Freakiest moment: Libby in the psych hospital at the end of the Hurley episode.
Creepiest therefore most intriguing character: Henry Gale. Creepiest stare ever. He also has my favorite line. Referring to the Others, Locke says "these people have been here for God knows how long," to which Henry replies "God doesn't know how long we've been here. He can't see this island any better than the rest of the world can." What does that mean? The popular Everyone is Dead Already theory seems too easy, as does The Its All in Hurley's Head Theory. Obviously something supernatural is going on (witness big black cloud with the faces). Answers are needed.
Finally, could they please, just once, let the numbers run out, just to see what happens. My guess is absolutely nothing, but some contend that if the numbers run out then the whole world ends. They should take that risk.
Lost has built the best mythology of any series since the X-Files. I just hope it finds a way to resolve things better than that show did. The more complicated it gets, the more it risks painting itself into a corner. And yet I'll still watch.

Update (don't read if you haven't watched): Between writing all that mess above and this moment I've watched this week's episode; the end of which was, um, unexpected, to say the least. Has Michael been brainwashed to change teams, or is he going to insanely desparate measures to save his son?

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only LOST freak. Yeah for bringing me over to your side....

2:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Thompson said...

Okay, we just finished watching it. What in the world. I vote for desperate to save his son. Not that I advocate this method of doing so...

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home