Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Wow. This blog is one year old. For something that I was sure I would get bored with in a couple of weeks, its quite amazing that I've crapped out post after post for over a year now. Looking back over the year that was, I feel a little nostalgia is in order. There was never a theme to this blog. I kind of hoped to keep it as random as possible, and I feel that I have somewhat succeeded. I did 46 posts over the last year, which is fairly close to one per week. What I've done here is more or less list the subject of each of those posts, if nothing else to illustrate that randomisity has been achieved. Reflect and enjoy these little pearls of knowledge and wisdom once again. Feel free to laugh and cry. To all the faithful readers (3 or 4 of you, if I'm lucky), thanks for reading.

1. The word "crunk".
2. Shoes that make sweet sweet love to your feet.
3. Off to Italy.
4. Roma.
5. Kathy: The Girl So Bad Her Mom Stopped Loving Her .
6. Firenze.
7. Pamela Anderson does not want you to eat breasts.
8. Cinque Terre and Como.
9. Salad tongs, inappropriately placed.
10. Emmylou does not want you to eat breasts, either.
11. My hometown.
12. Fine places to go eat.
13. John Prine, Asian horror, loft #313.
14. Darth Giggles.
15. Bad, bad day in the OR.
16. 30-year mortgage.
17. More Asian horror: Nude Yo-Yo Ma.
18. Dating sucks.
19. McSweeney's is hilarious.
20. Annoying and unshushed patrons at the Bluebird.
21. Full frontal nudity, Willy Wonka, cocoa pebbles.
22. Driving out west.
23. ...in my pants.
24. Pat Robertson is an idiot.
25. Meth-Lab Barbie.
26. 9-11.
27. Rabid monkeys craving juicy mangos.
28. Colorado.
29. Betty Jo digs into her skull with a butter knife.
30. Hiking in Tennessee.
31. Houston.
32. Fonude and fat people.
33. Freakish burro dream.
34. New York City.
35. Onion's Astrology.
36. Jesus and courteous driving.
37. 2005 was awesome.
38. Inappropriate anal probing.
39. XM is awesome.
40. 41 places to see before I die.
41. Abu exacts horrific revenge.
42. Ancient Hebrew tabernacle resembles prom scene from Carrie.
43. The Little Willies, our 48 hour winter, the Cracker Barrel.
44. Islam: not a crunk religion.
45. L'amour Rend Mon Pantalon Brouille (Love Makes My Pants Fuzzy).
46. The progressive state of Arkansas.