Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Things I Loved Before I Even Knew I Loved Them

For this week's edition of "Things I Loved Before I Even Knew I Loved Them", may I present to you: Satellite Radio.
For many a year now, the most valuable thing in my car has been my cd player. Commercial radio is horrible. Off of the top of my head I can think of two decent radio stations in this entire country. Fortunately, one of them is right here in Nashville, the very wonderful 100.1 WRLT. Good for driving around town, not so good when leaving town. The second equally good station is 107.1 KGSR Radio Austin. However, since I rarely get to Austin anymore it does me no good here.
I've had satellite radio for about a year now. I was originally supposed to subscribe to Sirius, but due to a miscommunication I got XM instead. In hindsight that seems to have a been a good thing. The music on XM seems to be better. Additionally, I'm glad I don't send money to Sirius because they just gave a gazillion dollars to Howard Stern. Now Stern, free of the FCC, can say the f-word as often as he likes. Much has been made of this, but I just don't see a reason to care.
XM has something like 180 channels, maybe 2/3 of them music. I regularly listen to about five of them. All of the music channels are commercial-free. Additionally they have a public radio channel and a BBC channel for when I want to feel more cultured than I really am. There is also a Weather Channel channel, perfect since I am a huge Weather Channel geek (watch it on television late at night; that's when those meteorologists get a little randy).
One of the best things about the satellite so far is the new music I've discovered. Bettye LaVette, Chris Trapper (never heard of him either), and some girl named Meg Berman, or Bernman, or Begman. Something with a B. Or maybe it was Martha. I've googled her and haven't come up with anything. But that song was wonderful. It is a very 21st century way to enjoy music: Discover an artist off of the satellite, search him out on iTunes and purchase the songs off of the internet. Yeah for technology.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.02
polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, jordan shoes, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, nike air max, prada handbags, nike air max, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, louboutin, longchamp, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, burberry, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online

6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

air force, nike huarache, north face, vanessa bruno, hermes, mulberry, timberland, michael kors, sac longchamp, coach outlet, nike roshe, sac guess, replica handbags, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, hollister, nike roshe run, nike air max, oakley pas cher, new balance pas cher, coach purses, michael kors, nike blazer, lacoste pas cher, longchamp, lululemon, air jordan pas cher, michael kors, air max, converse pas cher, tn pas cher, louboutin pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, burberry, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, longchamp pas cher, nike free, nike air max, ralph lauren uk, nike trainers, hollister pas cher, hogan, nike air max, nike free run uk, ray ban uk, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home