Thursday, August 10, 2006

Random Things I Dislike

Call weekends: They come around once a month, and are extremely unpredictable. Sometimes you don't get called in at all, and sometimes you spend all weekend there. Unfortunately, last weekend was one of the latter. Sad. General theme of this particular call weekend: People who enjoy crack.

Lebanon: So this nation, (not the town in middle Tennessee, which, for all I know, is eminently likeable) is upset about Israeli troops on its soil, messing with its sovereignty. The thing is, with a militant uncontrolled Hezbollah running around the country, they never had sovereignty to begin with. The civilian deaths are very tragic, however Beirut would not be in ruins if the Lebanese military would have disarmed Hezbollah when it was supposed to.

James Blunt: So his song, "You're Beautiful", was nice enough the first 500,000 times I heard it. However, a while back Kate and I watched him perform on Saturday Night Live, and his facial expression while singing fell somewhere between seizure and severe constipation. It was kind of disturbing, enough so that I didn't want to see him ever again. Since then, everytime I hear him I remember his creepy song-face so I can't listen to him anymore, either.

Summer tv season: 250 channels of crap. Need new Lost and The Office now.

2 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

you should trade in your 250 channels of crap for 13 channels of cheap.
though i think the fall lineup doesn't look too bad--Six Degrees, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, and Amazing Race

9:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Thompson said...

I'm excited about Studio 60, myself. Aaron Sorkin, Brad Whitford, Matthew Perry and Timothy Busfield! Yay! But yes - I need me some new Office.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home