Monday, February 25, 2008

Randomisity

Oscars: For the first time in a long time I didn't watch the Academy Awards. I was out, and didn't get home until 9:30ish, and turned them on for only a few minutes before going to bed. Seems alot of people did this, as it had its lowest ratings in forever. However, most of the films and people that I wanted to win did win, so it was all good in the end.

The Ballad of Love and Hate: The Christmas CD that I force on friends every year as a cheap (yet thoughtful) holiday gift was not my own idea, but one I stole from my friend Andy down in Texas. I got his version of said gift in the mail a few weeks ago, and The Ballad of Love and Hate by the Avett Brothers is my favorite song on it. I'm not too familiar with their music, though I've seen them live a time or two. Both times were in a music festival sort of setting, where they played a short set. Both times also, though fiercely talented, they played loud, fast, and more than a little drunk (or drugged, possibly both). It was the musical equivalent of a runaway train - I was just waiting for some sort of spectacular crash. So it was to my amazement that they could produce such a tender, beautiful song such as this - one of the better analogies of unconditional love that you're likely to hear. I'm jealous it wasn't on my cd.

Joy: The best news of 2008 thus far. Why have I not heard of this before now?

Patience: I believe that God is trying to teach me patience. That is fine, I just wish He would hurry up and get the lesson over with.

2 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Hmmmm...I'll have to say I disagree about The Avett Brother's altered state when playing. I'm sure that a little liquid lightning passes their lips before a show, but I really don't think they could do what they do if they were too lit.

9:24 PM  
Blogger CHADDDD said...

You may be right, however the last time I saw them they almost fell off the stage, and seemed to full of something more than just music.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home