Monday, October 02, 2006

Randomisity

Hooray for last weekend: Which was Katie's and I one-year anniversary, which involved a day-trip to Chattanooga (not Mud Island; don't know how that rumor was started). They have done a great job revitalizing that town, and if you go you should check out Terra Nostra, which is a fantastic tapas restaurant in the North Shore neighborhood. Weekend festivities continued Sunday with Bonnie Raitt and Keb Mo at the Opry House. Bonnie Raitt puts on a terrific show. Great weekend. Great year.

Hooray for next weekend: Which is a trip with one of my best friends to see another best friend (both from high school days or before) out to Portland, Oregon. We're only all together maybe once or twice a year at most so I'm really looking forward to it. Add to that the fact that I get to spend a few days in the wonderful Pacific Northwest and the joy becomes boundless.

Most played on the iPod this week: A rootsy selection: Solomon Burke's Nashville. This is a terrific old-school country soul album (album?) recorded in Buddy Miller's living room. Very raw, like walking in on a jam session of stupidly talented good friends (which is basically what this album is). Also Ray LeMontagne's: Till The Sun Turns Black, which has grown on me alot. Has this weird chamber-folk-funk-horn-infused-blues vibe going on. Finally, the Scissor Sisters single "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'", which is the complete polar opposite of rootsy. A fine guilty pleasure; makes me feel like its the fourth grade and I'm back at the roller rink (scary mental image goes here).

LOST: Starts Wednesday. Cannot wait. I have a feeling that this show will write itself into an X-Files like corner where in the end it won't be able to explain anything. But I'll still be along for the ride.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I think you were the one who started the Mud Island rumor....Amanda, correct me if I'm wrong. I, being the insanely curious female, ran that rumor into the ground...I do confess to that.

I hope you have a blast in Oregon...

I sure wish I had the Ray CD....hmmm...

Yeah for LOST!!!!!!!

10:54 PM  
Blogger fabricsnob said...

you mean you didn't go to the levee exhibit? how could you?

11:30 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

yeah chadd you started the Mud Island bit and somehow it snowballed!

man, i'm jealous you're going to Portland!

8:50 PM  
Blogger 7889520 said...

qzz0620
cheap nhl jerseys
adidas outlet
christian louboutin outlet
canada goose
polo ralph lauren
polo outlet
lacoste soldes
jazz jerseys
air max 90
oakley sunglasses

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home